What is the Creative Export Canada program?
Creative Export Canada offers funding for projects that generate export revenues and help Canadian creative industries reach more people around the world. Projects are evaluated on viability, the potential for export revenue generation, impact on Canadian creative industries, project’s growth potential, innovation, strategic collaborations/partnerships, the applicant’s demonstrated need for funding, and level of commitment to gender/diversity considerations.
To be eligible, the project must:
- Be export-ready and expect to generate revenue
- Support one or more of the following creative industries; audiovisual, design, music, performing arts, publishing, visual art, or interactive digital media Have a minimum total cost of $150,000
- The applicant must hold the IP or demonstrate they have secured the rights of usage for the targeted markets
- Be funded at a minimum of 25% private sources
- Have other funding sources (can be private, government, etc.)
- Total financial support from this program can’t exceed 75% of project costs
What expenses are eligible?
- Acquisition of digital or other technologies
- Employee salaries directly related to the project
- Travel-related expenses, marketing expenses
- Project-related administrative costs
- Project-related translation
- Interpretation expenses
Who can apply?
- For-profit, Canadian-owned, and -controlled, Canadian corporations can apply if they have a minimum of 1 employee and a maximum of $500M in revenue
- Individuals, support programs, and subsidiaries of a $500M company are ineligible to apply
Deadline to apply?
September 29, 2021 for projects with expenses to occur between April 1, 2022 and March 31, 2023.
How can BIG help?
BIG offers support in determining eligibility, preparing funding applications, and retrieval of all financial and technical documentation to maximize the odds of approval for this extremely competitive program.
Questions? Contact us.
Pam Chappell, Director of Business Development | firstname.lastname@example.org 289.200.2055
Julie Haist, Director, Media Tax Credits | email@example.com 647.216.583